Last week my friend Louise from An Undomestic Goddess did The Mummy Tag post, I loved reading her answers so I thought I'd have a go at it myself.
1. Are you a Stay at Home Mum, or a Working Mum?I'm a working Mum, I have my own mobile beauty business which keeps me busy but is great as I can work my hours around the kids, meaning I can spend as much time with them as possible.
2. Would you have it any other way?I love my job but if we won the lottery I wouldn't mind giving up working and just being a stay at home Mum.
3. Do you co-sleep?No, the thought terrifies me, both my children have slept really well in their cots so I've never needed to have them sleep with us. Riley who is 3 and a half will occasionally come and get in bed with us early in the morning but that's not very often and I don't mind that as we have some lovely cuddles.
4. What is your one must-have item for your baby?I have to say the same as Louise, the baby sleeping bag, I've used them with both of my children and I think they're great. I like the idea that the kids are snug and warm but there's no risk of them wriggling under blankets and getting too hot or even suffocating. Also my daughter Summer is a major wriggler and she would never keep a blanket over her so it stops her from getting cold in winter.
5. How many kids do you plan on having?I always wanted 3 children (I'm 1 of 3 myself) but my second pregnancy with my daughter was very hard going and to be honest it put me off. We now have one of each and are happy to stop at 2 children.
6. Date night? How many nights per month?I think me and my husband are lucky to get 1 date night every 3 months to be honest, we try and make time for each other as much as we can but sometimes it just doesn't happen. We are going to London for the weekend next week though for our 5th wedding anniversary so I'm really looking forward to that.
7. Your childs favourite show?Riley's favourite show at the moment is Ben 10 and Summer doesn't watch tv.
8. Name one thing you bought before you had your baby and never ended up using?I'm sure there will have been a few things but I'm struggling to think of them at the moment. I know we bought a Babasling for Riley and never used it because he hated going in it but I think that's about it.
9. Your child’s favourite food?Riley is a terrible eater and pretty much lives on a diet of chips and crisps so they would be his favourites and Summer loves blueberries.
10. How many cars does your family have?We have 2, Ian has a company car and I have my own car.
11. Weight gain before pregnancy, during and after and now?Before I was pregnant with Riley I was around 8 and a half stone, after I had him I got down to 9 stone and then got pregnant with Summer, after having her I was around 10 stone but have recently started dieting and exercising and I currently weigh 9 stone 4lbs, my goal is to get down to 8 and a half stone again.
12. Dream holiday with your kids?Disneyland in Florida! We've already decided we're going in 2020 and now we just have to get saving lol.
13. Dream holiday without your kids?I'd love to go to The Maldives again or Hawaii.
14. How has your life changed since your baby has been born?Life is very different and at times very hard but when I look at my 2 beautiful children it's all worth it. There's nothing better than being a Mummy.
15. Finish the sentence: ‘It makes my heart melt to see … ‘Riley looking after Summer, he's always so concerned about her, where is she? Is she ok? He's very protective of her and she loves him to bits too.
16. Where do you shop for your kids?I buy a lot of their clothes from Tesco, the F+F range for kids is amazing! I also get them quite a bit from Primark as they have some lovely things at super cheap prices.
17. Favourite makeup and skincare products?My favourite skincare product at the moment is the Skin Chemists Bee Venom Repair & Protect, it gets rid of spots in no time and keeps them away too. My favourite makeup product is my Collection 2000 concealer because I just can't live without concealer.
18. Huggies or Pampers?Neither! I always use Aldi Mamia Nappies and wipes, they're brilliant quality and much cheaper than Huggies or Pampers.
19. Have you always wanted kids?Yes, I knew I didn't want them until I was in my 30's though because I wanted to travel and experience things before I had them, I'm so glad now that I spent my 20's enjoying myself because things like travelling have to take a bit of a back seat when you have small children but hopefully when they're a little older we'll take them on some exciting adventures too.
20. Best part about being a mum?I think it's the pure, unconditional love that you feel for them and from them, there's nothing better than getting a cuddle from Summer or Riley telling me that he loves me. It's the best feeling in the world.
I tag anyone who would like to join in, if you do decide to join in then let me know as I love reading other peoples answers.