If you've made it to week 4 congratulations you're doing great!
This week I'm going to tell you some tips on getting your children dry at night which may be something that your children aren't quite ready for yet as some take longer than others so don't start this until you feel like your child is ready.
- Buy a mattress protector as there will be night time accidents and mattresses aren't exactly easy to wash, also using the Dry Like Me Night Time Pads will help keep mess to a minimum too.
- Limit the amount of drinks they have about an hour before bed, especially squashes and acidic drinks that can irritate the bladder.
- Make sure they get into the routine of going to the toilet before bed, we usually get Riley to go after brushing his teeth.
- Make sure the potty is nearby and they have a night light so they can see what they're doing in the night, putting the potty on a towel will catch any spillages.
- You can go into your child at around 10-11pm and gently pop them on the potty for a 'dream wee' which will help while their bladder gets used to holding on over night.
- If your child wakes in the night always get them to go to the toilet, even if they've had an accident.
- Use reward charts and reward them for going to the toilet last thing at night and first thing in the morning, this will help get them into a good routine.
Hope this post helps a little, for lots more fab potty training tips and advice pop over to Potty Training Live.