As a mum of two, one of which is an extremely fussy eater, meal times can be stressful and trying to provide the kids with a variety of fun and appealing meals can sometimes feel an impossible task however Birds Eye have recently come to my rescue and provided me with the ingredients to make some of their super fun new recipes created for kids by kids.
If you're stuck on what to give your kids at meal times take a look at the four recipes below and give them a go, I'm sure your kids will love them.
Fish Finger Pizza
- Cook Birds Eye Fish Fingers (2 per person). Birds Eye Field Fresh Supersweet Sweetcorn and Birds Eye Field Fresh Garden Peas as per pack instructions.
- Spread tomato sauce (use tinned chopped tomatoes or ready made pasta sauce) over naan bread and scatter peas and sweetcorn over the top.
- Chop fish fingers and place onto naan bread - scatter a little grated cheese to finish.
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes at 200°C
Chicken Dipper Fajitas
- Pre-heat the oven and cook Birds Eye Crispy Chicken Dippers (4 per person) as per pack instructions.
- Finely slice onions and peppers
- Fry the onions and peppers with a dash of oil and a pinch of seasoning
- Heat tortilla wraps as directed
- Dollop tomato salsa onto your wraps, add the peppers, onions and Dippers
- Wrap up tight, cut in half and enjoy.
- Pre-heat the oven and cook Birds Eye Mini Potato Waffles (4 per person) as per pack instructions.
- Heat baked beans as directed.
- Place shredded lettuce on the plate and top with waffles beans and salsa
- Sprinkle a little grated cheese on top
- Place under the grill until the cheese is nicely melted.
- Pre-heat the oven and cook Birds Eye Potato Waffle (1 per person) as per pack instructions.
- Cook Birds Eye Field Fresh Garden Peas and Birds Eye Field Fresh Supersweet Sweetcorn as per pack instructions
- Drain peas and mash in a pan
- Spread peas over a plate and place waffle on top
- Top waffle with tuna and sweetcorn
- Sprinkle with a little grated cheese
- Place under grill until cheese is nicely melted.
We had a go at making the Chicken Dipper Fajitas and they went down a treat, I think we'll try the Waffle Nachos next.
If you try any of these recipes let me know how you got on in the comments below.