We love to cook from scratch but sometimes it can be a little time consuming gathering together all the ingredients especially the herbs and spices needed for each recipe so we were really excited to try out the Knorr Flavour Pots, these little pots come in a range of different flavours and contain all the seasoning you need to make delicious meals without too much fuss.
We used the Mexican Flavour Pot to make Chilli Con Carne and it was absolutely delicious, we make Chilli a lot anyway and we usually put a lot of different herbs and spices in it but instead we just used the flavour pot and it tasted just as good as normal if not better.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 450g lean minced beef (we always use turkey mince as it's low fat)
- 1 Knorr Mexican Flavour Pot
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 150ml beef stock
- Heat the oil in a heavy based saucepan, and fry the onion until soft, then add the beef (or turkey) and fry until browned, breaking it up as you fry. Add the garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Add the Knorr Mexican Flavour Pot and all the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with plain boiled rice.
This recipe and lots of yummy other recipes can all be found on the Knorr website and the Flavour Pots are available to buy from most leading supermarkets.